- Course Policies & Registration Information
- Supporting Students with ASD in your Classroom (An Online Course for Teachers)
- Introduction to ASD - Practical Applications course
- Introduction to Applied Behaviour Analysis: Part 1, Instruction course (ABA-01)
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention (CPI) training - NEW!
- Regional Courses
- About Us
As Sure as the Sun Rises or Once in a Blue Moon: Chronic vs Intermittent Behavior Problems (2 hours)
High frequency, regularly occurring behavior problems are often very different in nature than their low frequency, irregularly occurring counterparts. Low frequency/irregular problems can present special difficulties in terms of their analysis and treatment. We will look at some of the issues regarding these two kinds of problems and why these different kinds of problems may occur.
To be discussed:
• Chronic problems
• Intermittent problems
• Motivators that may cause intermittent problems
• Medication/Medical Issues
• Treatment directions for intermittent problems