- Course Policies & Registration Information
- Supporting Students with ASD in your Classroom (An Online Course for Teachers)
- Introduction to ASD - Practical Applications course
- Introduction to Applied Behaviour Analysis: Part 1, Instruction course (ABA-01)
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention (CPI) training - NEW!
- Regional Courses
- About Us
All Professional Educators: If you're looking for a career opportunity that's both rewarding and flexible, consider becoming a POPARD Education and Behaviour Consultant.
POPARD Education & Behaviour Consultant
Responsible for providing consultation and staff development specific to supporting students with ASD in the school setting. This may include student-specific consultations, team-consultations, class-wide consultations, and program observations to school district personnel. He/she is also responsible for developing and providing courses, training, mentoring, coaching, and online resources and learning modules. Participation in a range of POPARD organizational projects is also required.
- At least Masters Degree in Special Education, Speech and Language Pathology or School Psychology
- For psychologist positions, doctoral degree is required
- Additional qualifications as a BCBA or an Autism Specific certification is preferred
- Experience as an autism or special education consultant to teachers and school teams
- Training and experience in both consultee-centered and behavioral consultation is preferred
- Experience working with school - age children and with the school system
- Experience developing and presenting in-service training to adults
- Demonstrated knowledge of students with autism spectrum disorders, communication challenges and behaviour disorders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent skills working collaboratively with professionals and parents
- Willingness and Excellent skills working as a team member (both in districts and with the POPARD team)
- Knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and various media presentation formats including web-based and online instruction is preferred.
All positions will be based out of the Delta office. Must be prepared to travel frequently by plane, ferry, car, etc., anywhere in the Province of BC.
Information about POPARD can be found on our website at www.popard.ca.
|POPARD job posting.pdf||139.63 KB|