- Course Policies & Registration Information
- Supporting Students with ASD in your Classroom (An Online Course for Teachers)
- Introduction to ASD - Practical Applications course
- Introduction to Applied Behaviour Analysis: Part 1, Instruction course (ABA-01)
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention (CPI) training - NEW!
- Regional Courses
- About Us
Spring 2017 (March 20-June 13, 2017) session is full and registration is closed. Please check back for future course dates.
This interactive online course is intended to provide participants with the most current understanding of evidence-based practices for teaching students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). This course is designed for teachers who share an interest in learning about ASD and currently work with students in a K-12 school-setting.
See course syllabus for further details.
eligibility and requirements
This course is open to teachers and other professionals (Administrators, District Helping Teachers, Speech Language Pathologists, Counselors, School Psychologists, Occupational Therapists) employed in BC School Districts / independent schools ONLY.
Please also read POPARD's Course Policies and Registration Information.
Requirements for completion:
The minimum requirements to complete this course are as follows:
- 45+ hours of learning to be completed over a 12-week period (approximately 3.5 to 4 hours per week, depending on the week's content), including on-demand sessions, live-online sessions, readings, assignments, and completion of an independent project.
- Participation in all live online sessions as outlined on the course syllabus.
- Access to a reliable high-speed internet connection.
- Access to a hands-free telephone with either a built in speaker and microphone or a telephone headset with a microphone.
- Access to a computer (or iPad or Android device) with an updated browser (Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer or FireFox) and Flash Player.
Please also consider the following:
As a participant in an online course, the more proficient you are with computers and technology, the less time you will need to spend on learning how to manage the environment, giving you more time to focus on the course content.
To be successful in this online course, you need to be familiar with:
- Sending and receiving emails with attachments.
- Navigating websites.
- Downloading and saving files, including fillable .pdf files.
- Creating a presentation using PowerPoint.
The following documents contain information to help assess if online learning is right for you, and some more tips on succeeding in an online environment:
Is Online Learning for You?
Tips for Online Learning Success
Please ensure that you meet eligibility requirements as outlined above. There are a limited number of spaces available. Eligible applicants will be accepted on a first come, first served basis.
Upon acceptance of your application, POPARD will process your registration and contact you.
NOTE: Applications by proxy WILL NOT be accepted.
A $75 non-refundable administration fee is payable once your registration is processed. You will be contacted by POPARD via email with payment instructions.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-946-3610 weekdays from 8:30am–3:00pm for more information.